March 29, 2012

Snug as a Bug


As a very wise Dude once said, an area rug is a very easy and inexpensive way to "really tie a room together."

When I shop for an area rug  I have a few requirements. The rug doesn't have to fit all the categories but it HAS to be at least one or two of the following....


  1. Soft, thick, shaggy or plush... I like everything in my home to be comfy and snuggly and I love a rug where I can cuddle up next to my hubby and my pup and take a little cat nap. 
  2. Eye catching, bright or humorous... I love bright colors or bold patterns and rugs are an easy place to infuse these into the room. Get a bold striped rug, a funny graphic rug, or a bright colored hide and you'll add some excitement to even the most neutral of rooms.
  3. Affordable... rugs get a lot of wear and tear and they are also something that can be easily switched out for a fresh look in a room (much easier than repainting walls, or rearranging or buying new furniture) . If you can find a great, budget friendly rug and then a few months or years down the road you see something eye catching you it won't feel  so guilty replacing the old with the new.

Here are some fantastic area rugs at affordable prices  (starting at $39!) 


Hand-tufted Black/ White Stripe Wool Rug (5' x 8')Faux Sheepskin Area RugIXI Calypso Cotton Jersey Aqua Shag Round Rug5x7 Stamped Scallop RugVintage Posters Area RugHopscotchRug4x6AV2S10LUSY BLOM Rug, low pile IKEA Heat-set polypropylene; makes the rug soft to walk on.Xhilaration® Stripe Shag Rug
Tie your room together:








Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you!