May 4, 2012

Dinner for my Babysitter


My hubby recently went on a quick out of state business trip and insisted I have a babysitter in case Lucy made an early appearance and I needed someone trustworthy to get me to the hospital. One of my lifelong besties came to stay with me for two nights and I was very happy to make her my favorite pasta & meatballs.

The key is to get the right meatballs. I have periodically prepared home made meatballs but those days ended when I first tried Talluto's meatballs. AMAZING. They are the only kind I use now and they always get rave reviews. (Talluto's stuffed shells and raviolis are also incredible... they use the smoothest ricotto cheese... makes all the difference).

Anyway, the preparation of this dish is simple.

Pasta and Meatballs with Tomato Sauce and Ricotta

Heat one large can of crushed san marzano tomatoes, about six garlic cloves, two tablespoons of olive,  a healthy sprinkle of oregano, some sea salt and black pepper and a pinch of red pepper in a large saucepan over medium heat until it begins to bubble. Lower heat and let simmer for about 20 minutes.

Then add those delicious meatballs and continue to heat for about ten - twelve minutes.

In a separate pot cook pasta in boiling salted water until it is al dente. Drain and remove from heat.

Once the meatballs are cooked, stir  the drained pasta into the sauce, add some fresh shredded basil and spoon into bowls. Top each bowl with a heaping spoonful of ricotta cheese and a little more more fresh basil and a couple of halved tomatoes.

Serve with a simple salad with an Italian vinaigrette and tuck in to a delicious dinner!
Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. It was delish and I will come to "babysit" anytime that I get a wonderful dinner. Love you doll.

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you!