May 11, 2012

Minimal Effort, Huge Flavor



In anticipation of a lot of friends and family dropping by to meet our new addition to the family it is always good to have some easy but delicious snacks on hand.

I like to serve and enjoy REAL food as often as I can and this is something so simple and so delicious, I use it all the time.

Crusty Bread with  Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil , Rosemary and Garlic

Cut some slices of delicious crusty bread from your local bakery and arrange on a large plate around a bowl for dipping

Heat a few cloves of garlic in a splash of olive oil in a pan over high heat for 3 minutes

Fill dipping bowl with a great olive oil. The sign of a GREAT olive oil is that it can stand on it's own flavor wise, and can actually be the focal point of a dish or bite of food. 

(On a side note, if you are lucky enough to go to Komi, one of my favorite restaurants EVER,  you'll see how Johnny Mannis perfected this concept. I have never encountered another chef who understands olive oil and salt like this guy... truly remarkable).

 Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil is heart healthy and so delicious used on it's own for dipping (or for cooking) that it has become my favorite choice for this particular snack. (I was so lucky to have received a bottle of Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil through my affiliation with BzzAgent  and can highly recommend this product.)

Add heated garlic to olive oil

Add sprig of rosemary to olive oil

Season oil with fresh ground black pepper




Start dipping your bread and Enjoy...ideally with a nice glass of wine!

 (I was so lucky to have received a bottle of Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil through my affiliation with BzzAgent  and can highly recommend this product.)

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you!