April 6, 2012

Something Around Here is a Little Fishy....

Pinned Image
Photo
Some friends are having a baby this fall and have decided not to find out the baby's gender. Patton and I couldn't WAIT to find out if we were having a boy or a girl, and I started shopping for pink ruffly things the second we found out we had a daughter on the way.

In fact, my parents came along to our ultrasound where we found out the gender and after the appointment my Mom pulled out this pink gingham gift bag containing an adorable pink and white stuffed puppy. So sweet! I asked her if she had a blue version  of the same and she said "Of course," all matter of a fact (my Mom is the best, by the way).

So when my friends told us their great news and their decision to be suprised on the big day, I started thinking... how would I have prepared the baby's nursery without knowing the gender? 

To stay away from the very lovely, but oft used, pale yellows and greens, I think a nursery full of sunny orange goldfish would make a adorable and cheerful theme for a boy or a girl. Orange is such a happy color and it looks great with blue and pink so it will be easy to add classic gender specific details once the baby arrives.

Here are some absolutely adorable goldfish from around the web for a lively baby boy/girl nursery.



mod about baby - fish cozy swaddleThomas Paul Goldfish PillowCrocheted Goldfish GarlandWINTER SALE Goldfish and Lily Pad Mobile
Fish Wall Decal Stickers Ocean Big Fish Baby Nursery Kids Baby Einstein Baby Neptune Ocean Adventure Gym -  Kids II - Toys"R"Us

Go Fish:


If you have had a baby, or hope to have babies someday, did you or will you find out the gender ahead of delivery?  Please tell us why.
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you!